Just a small note for today.

I always think about why those days when I was young seemed to be so long. A summer used to be a  VERY long time. Not any more.

Today, after getting back to work, since my 10 days off, I realized that the past ten days seemed like it was a month. When we took that trip across the Pacific from Mexico to Hawaii, it seemed like a very long time again. When I am at work and looking back to the time off, it seems like that was a life time. At work, the days all mix into one day as each day is the same.

Maybe it is the same day-to-day routine that makes life short. A year seems like a few short days because they are all the same. When I am not in those routines I experience the days of youth where each day is the beginning of a new adventure and not just another day going down the same roads to the same building, doing the same thing for several hours only to repeat the same thing the next day.

Saturdays with LaFonda are the times I look forward to and I hope to have more of them, more frequently as time goes on.


Category: | 3 Comments

3 comments to “Those long days”

  1. Thank you sweetheart. I hope we get to have lots of Saturdays together too! I love you! Thank you for blogging and letting all of us see and hear your heart. Loving you always my love, Fonda

  1. Ok-had to test before going to the trouble of typing something out.... Have you ever noticed the first time you drive someplace, it seems to take sooo long, but after traveling it a few times it seems to take less and less time? Well, I have. So my theory is that when we are younger, everything is new, so..., time seems to go slower, as we get older..., it isn't new anymore, until we do something new, like go on a cruise for the first time, or even rock climbing, or ummmmm... QUILTING! Nah, that one doesn't work. Anyway, that is my theory. (am I spelling theory correctly)? BTW this is posted by Dale, I will have to figure out how to change the poster name.

  1. I was actually thinking that the good thing about Saturdays is that you don't have to do anything. Since you don't have to do anything it leaves plenty of room to do those things that you don't normally do. Then comes the "time to drive somewhere" syndrome.

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.