A friend of mine and I were always in complete agreement on this. If you have a day off and you have to do something, it isn't a day off. So, generally, Saturdays are my days off.

She was a teacher, so she had the wonderful experience of having nearly 180 Saturdays between when school was out in June and when it started up again in September. She was very good at pointing out to me that she has had 15 Saturdays this month. She has only Saturdays now.

Well, my last Saturday for this string of Saturdays ends tomorrow. I started my Saturdays on Thursday, the 22nd. During this time my wife and I went to the beach where we had saved aside three condos for our family to use for the week. We were blessed to have three of four of our daughters and their families stay with us. We really had nothing we had to do except eat together and play games, so they were Saturdays for sure. Sadly one of our daughters moved the day we started this string of Saturdays and wasn't able to join us.

During this time, I have had many hours to read and research this on-line marketing adventure that I had started to look into. Now I have a blog (here), and one article I wrote on squidoo.com  as well as a business license and a domain name.

A lot can get done if you have a lot of Saturdays. So, I'm guessing Becky is getting a lot done.



Her Saturdays began in earnest December 24, 2008.

Category: | 1 Comment

1 comments to “The end of Saturday”

  1. I've been thinking of her a lot this month. She is a part of my life forever, and forever I will hold her in my mind until I get to go and be with her forever.

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.