I don't know how I could possibly sum up the years for Old Old Grandma.

I love what LaFonda said about her. She knows how to capture in one story what I have seen and known over decades.





I remember that she would run out to meet us as kids like she did with our kids. Her face would be all smiles and her hands out open to grab us. I remember that she would cry when we left to go back home. Most of the time we lived very far from her and it doesn't seem like we saw her and grandpa enough. There were times that we stayed with them for long stretches at a time though.

I know that when we came over in the summer, she made us lemon-aid and milk shakes. And that she baked us cookies for afternoon snacks.

In the evenings we would set in the living room. She would knit and grandpa would pretend to watch Gun Smoke - but his eyes were closed. So, we knew he wasn't really watching it. She just kept the TV on and continued knitting until it was time to go to bed.

We, the grandkids, pretty much had the run of the house and the farm while we were there. Sometimes she would go out with us and help us find the eggs for breakfast. Sometimes we would go out with her and "help" her change the irrigation water. While we were there - we were there - and she was with us.

LaFonda also posted a blog about Old Old Grandma here: Old Old Grandma
My niece, Amanda, also posted a blog for her as well: Cicada Songs and Cricket Chirps

Category: | 0 Comments

0 comments to “Grandma Miller”

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.