Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
    Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
    Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
    Surely you know!

Since we have read the Bible, we know that this was answered in Jesus. Jesus is both the Son and the one who has gone to heaven and come down as well as having established the ends of the earth. What's more - he is the son.

The mystery of this passage of the Bible is, first of all, to know the one who gathers the wind and holds the waters and, then, to know that he has a son and we know him.

We don't know where the winds come from and we think we know that something other than God creates them. Our preference is that we know how and why the winds exist and we no longer believe that it is God who gathers up the winds. He makes the winds his messengers and flames of fire his servants.

In all of this writing, I know that I haven't actually begun to say what I want and, yet, I feel as if I have already made it insignificant in the light of what I feel that it actually is.

Category: | 0 Comments

0 comments to “The Wonder”

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.