Putting trust in something or someone is essentially what faith is. The result of that trust is some sort of action which comes from decisions based on the faith.

If I believe that the steps are not reliable, then I may attempt to avoid using them. Or, if I do use them, I will step gingerly. However, if I trust the integrity of the steps, I will not hesitate to step with all my weight on each stair going up or going down.

Another funny thing about faith is that we attempt to have faith in the things that we really don't have faith in. If we have faith in it, then we live accordingly. Here, in the Willamette valley, we have very little faith in the weather predictions. They are very nearly always wrong. It's probably the same in other places, but I live here and I know it is true about here.

I want to ride my bike today, so I am looking at the weather report to see if it is a good idea. If there is going to be a snow storm, I should avoid riding. I see that the weather prediction is for light rain. That is reasonable weather to ride a motorcycle around here, so I am planning on doing that instead of driving my car.

My decision to ride the bike is supposedly based on my faith in the weather report even though I just said that it can't be trusted. What I am doing is choosing to trust the weather report because, what I really want, is to ride my motorcycle. If the report is wrong and we have a major storm while I am out riding, I will have still ridden the bike and I can just complain about how unreliable the weather predictions are when I am done.


Category: | 0 Comments

0 comments to “What is your preference?”

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.